This trail is located off of Hwy 204 south of Tollgate. It provides access to the North Fork Umatilla Wilderness. The trail’s initial canopy of trees open to spectacular views of the wilderness. The work party will focus on brush clearing and general trail improvements.
What to Expect
We'll have fun, work hard and make a difference! No experience is necessary.
Moderate for the first mile, more strenuous as the trail descends toward the Umatilla River.
- 7:45 AM: Be ready to sign in and meet the crew at the Umatilla National Forest Office.
- 8:00 AM: Depart for trailhead by carpool.
- 9:00 AM: Arrive trailhead. The day’s work will be summarized.
- 12:00 PM: Lunch on the trail
- 2:30 PM: Gather at the trailhead. Refreshments will be shared and day’s efforts reviewed.
- 3:00 PM: Return to Walla Walla
- 4:00 PM: Arrive Umatilla National Forest Office. Sign out.
For safety reasons, arriving late or leaving early is not allowed.
Get ready for a great day outside!
Blues Crew Leads Greg Brown, Nathan Viavant
USFS Lead Kiyoshi Fujishin, Trail Crew Supervisor, Umatilla National Forest
PLEASE NOTE** This work will be done in the North Fork Umatilla Wilderness, wilderness restrictions apply.
What it Takes to Do This Work Party
- No experience is necessary—just bring a great attitude for working with a team! USFS provides the training and tools you need
- Expect to be physically active at your own pace for up to 6 hours on uneven terrain
- Recommended for ages 10 and older; under 16 must be accompanied by an adult and a parental consent form must be signed for anyone under 18
What to Wear
- Boots - no sneakers or sandals
- Long pants
- Leather gloves
- Long-sleeved shirt
- Eye protection recommended (glasses, sunglasses or safety glasses)
A hard hat will be provided by BMLT. For safety reasons, shorts and sneakers are not allowed.
What to Bring
- Hand clippers for brushwork
- Lunch and plenty of water
- Day Pack
- Rain jacket and pants
- Extra warm clothing in case of wet or cold weather
- A pack to carry your personal gear
- Bug dope
- A sense of fun and adventure for learning new skills and meeting great people!
Firearms and weapons are not allowed.
USFS Supplied Gear
- Safety gear
- First aide kit
Blues Crew Gear
- Hard hat
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-525-3136
NOTE: TOTAL PARTICIPANTS IS LIMITED TO 20 ON A FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS. WILDERNESS RULES LIMIT THE SIZE.