The trail work will take place on the North Fork Umatilla River Trail, USFS #3083, in the North Fork Umatilla Wilderness.
Blues Crew staff will lead and direct the volunteer effort. Instruction in basic trail maintenance skills will be provided as necessary. The day's effort may involve 3-5 miles of hiking with trail maintenance along the way.
What to Expect
We'll have fun, work hard and make a difference! No experience is necessary.
This trail is located off of Bingham Road, Oregon County Road 900. It provides western access to the North Fork Umatilla Wilderness.
- 7:45 AM: Be ready to sign in and meet the crew at the Umatilla National Forest Office.
- 8:00 AM: Depart for trailhead by carpool.
- 9:30 AM: Gather for a safety briefing, then hike to the project site.
- 12:00 PM: Lunch on the trail
- 2:30 PM: Gather at the trailhead and return to Walla Walla.
- 4:00 PM: Arrive Umatilla National Forest Office. Sign out.
For safety reasons, arriving late or leaving early is not allowed.
Get ready for a great day outside!
Blues Crew Leads Nathan Viavant
PLEASE NOTE** This work will be done in the North Fork Umatilla Wilderness, wilderness restrictions apply.
What it Takes to Do This Work Party
- No experience is necessary—just bring a great attitude for working with a team! Blues Crew provides the training and tools you need
- Expect to be physically active at your own pace for up to 6 hours on uneven terrain
- Recommended for ages 10 and older; under 16 must be accompanied by an adult and a parental consent form must be signed for anyone under 18
What to Wear
- Boots - no sneakers or sandals
- Long pants
- Leather gloves
- Long-sleeved shirt
- Eye protection recommended (glasses, sunglasses or safety glasses)
A hard hat will be provided by BMLT. For safety reasons, shorts and sneakers are not allowed.
What to Bring
- Lunch and plenty of water
- Rain jacket and pants
- Extra warm clothing in case of wet or cold weather
- A pack to carry your personal gear
- A sense of fun and adventure for learning new skills and meeting great people!
Firearms and weapons are not allowed.
USFS Supplied Gear
- Hard hat
- Safety gear
- First aide kit
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-525-3136
NOTE: TOTAL PARTICIPANTS IS LIMITED TO 10 ON A FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS. WILDERNESS RULES LIMIT THE SIZE.