The Blue Mountain Land Trust has adopted a portion of Highway 12 outside of Touchet, Washington. We need your help to keep this section free of trash and litter.
Adopt-a-Highway is a roadside clean-up program that promotes pride and local ownership in Washington.
- 9:30 AM: Meet at Chris Lueck's House for a quick 30-minute pre-cleanup meeting. Located at 308 SE 12th St. College Place (2 blocks east of Andy’s Market. Grey house, white trim)
- 10:00 AM: Carpool to site (Mile posts 318-321) either end of Touchet
- 11:00 -2:00 PM: Trash clean-up
- 2:30 PM: Depart to College Place
What it Takes to Do This Work Party
- No experience is necessary—just bring a great attitude for working with a team!
- Expect to be physically active at your own pace for up to 4 hours
- Recommended for ages 10 and older; under 16 must be accompanied by an adult and a parental consent form must be signed for anyone under 18
What to Wear
- Boots - no sneakers or sandals
- Long pants
- Leather gloves
- Long-sleeved shirt
- Eye protection recommended (glasses, sunglasses or safety glasses)
What to Bring
- Lunch and plenty of water
- Rain jacket and pants
- Extra warm clothing in case of wet or cold weather
- A pack to carry your personal gear
- A sense of fun and adventure for learning new skills and meeting great people!
- Safety gear
- First aid kit
Contact us Chris Lueck at email@example.com or 509-525-3136