Two very accomplished photographers will be teaming up for this session: Bill Rodgers and Mark Hussein. Bill has been exploring and photographing the hills and creeks around Walla Walla for five years since moving to the Valley, and has discovered some photogenic gems. His friend, Mark, who is a photography instructor, also enjoys the photo ops of our countryside, and together, they will share them with you.
The Skyrocket Hills near Prescott are a geographically unique area which provide intriguing opportunities to capture subtleties of landscape, plus there will be several vantages for excellent photo ops along the county roads you will travel to reach them. The group will leave at 7:00 a.m. to take advantage of the “golden hour” of morning light in which to capture the lovely soft curves of the hills and the shimmering green of wheat fields.
Bill and Mark will help beginners as well as more advanced photographers learn to use their cameras to create “works of art,” as opposed to just “taking pictures.” All types of cameras are welcome, from film and digital to smart phones; from amateur to “fancy-schmancy.”
When you come:
1. We recommend that serious photographers bring their tripods.
2. Wear your boots or mud shoes. We’ll mostly be shooting from the roads, as I do not have permission to actually invade private properties.
3. Bring raingear if precipitation is forecast.
4. Those with new cameras should be sure to bring the instruction manuals that came with their cameras so that Mark and Bill can help with any technical issues.
5. Van transportation will be provided. Private cars are not recommended because parking space will be very limited.
Please purchase your tickets now. Ticketing is provided by Universe. When you hit the "Get Tickets" button above, you'll be asked by Universe to sign in or create an account. If you bought tickets online for our events last year, you likely already have an account. If you don't have an account, select the" New account" tab and complete that form. It is quick and will only be required one time. When you get tickets for future events, you'll just need to sign in.
Vans for this event will be provided by Walla Walla Community College. For insurance purposes, all riders need to provide the college with their home address and birth date. This information is required in the registration screen.
Some events may sell out quickly and registrations are first-come, first-served.
Need help or have questions? Please email email@example.com.
This event is made possible through generous support from: